Monday, November 28, 2011

Who am I?

I am a full time working mum and a proud mummy to 2 pretty princesses. Like all mums I only want the best for my family. Hence, I am a strong believer in breastfeeding. It provides all the wonderful nutrients and health benefits to my children. I believe that with healthy eating habits, they will benefit when I breastfeed them.

My Problems:
I always thought that breastfeeding & eating normally will help me to lose all the weight I gained during pregnancy. I lost 16kg within the first 8 months when I breastfed my first daughter. However, with my second daughter, it was not the same. I had difficulty shedding 17kg I gained during my pregnancy. Even when she turned one, I was still 5kg heavier than my pre-pregnancy weight. I felt sad because I want to look my best. I began to watch my diet and hitting the gym four times a week. I also began to use body contouring products with the hope of looking good again. My efforts were in vain. My tummy and arms remain flabby and my weight stagnant. I began to lose hope.

The Turning Point:
By coincidence, one of my colleagues invited me to a 'healthy lunch'. We reached a studio named WellnessXpert. To my surprise, they were promoting Herbalife products! (Note: Herbalife is not new to me, I had tried Herbalife’s shake many years ago when I was trying to slim down but the shake tasted yucky then!) All my radar went up! I was skeptical… ok, new packaging I thought… it took me a lot of courage to actually step into the studio but as I did not want to disappoint my colleagues so I entered with them. Sitting quietly, I ordered my shake and drinks and told myself… even if its going to be my first and last time, at least I should give it another try. I saw the ingredients that they listed on the board for "Today’s Special" and what was included in the shake, and noted that they have added fruits and oats into the shake. I was given a glass of Aloe Vera drink, followed by the shake and then a glass of refillable green tea. The shake was unexpectedly tasty! This trip to WellnessXpert changed my entire concept of Herbalife!

I bought a set of the shakes and aloe and tea back to try on my own and there was no turning back. I started to lose weight within that first week. Dropped 1kg and in the 2nd week, I dropped another kilogram! I have also reduced the number of gym sessions from 4 session a week to just 2 session a week. Now I am able to spend quality time at work and at home with my girls. The products gave me energy and I wasn’t lethargic! I felt as if I had been refreshed and renewed! 

With a new found zest, it is definitely going to be an exciting journey for me with Herbalife as I continue to take the shake. I wish to try the rest of their products and write my thoughts on them. And at the same time, I hope I can help fellow mummies or anyone else in need to not only look good, feel good but to start their own journey to healthy living!
Quote: “The groundwork of all happiness is good health. – Leigh Hunt”

No comments:

Post a Comment